9 PITFALLS TO AVOID WHEN CHOOSING YOUR AGENT
1. Avoid an agent who just tells you what you want to hear to get your listing.
Why? You hire a professional to guide you with truth and integrity.
2. Avoid an agent who has less than 10 listings.
Why? Too few listings gets too little exposure to make the phone ring.
3. Avoid an agent who has more than 50 listings.
Why? Unless the agent has a large team, it's too many listings to give quality, individual service.
4. Avoid passive marketing agents.
Why? If classified ads, open houses and signs were enough to get homes sold, you wouldn't need an agent at all.
5. Avoid agents who do not have staff or work as a team.
Why? If an agent doesn't have any staff, he's doing paperwork when he should be prospecting for your buyer.
6. Avoid discount agents who charge low commissions.
Why? You get what you pay for. Great agents know how to get you to a closing with less problems and usually a better price too.
7. Avoid pseudo full-time agents who have another job besides real estate.
Why? You wouldn't consider a doctor or lawyer who only worked nights and weekends, would you?
8. Avoid single town agents who specialize in only 1 town.
Why? Homes sell for more when they get maximum exposure. Buyers in all areas should hear about your home.
9. Avoid agents who won't promise weekly updates.
Why? If an agent or his team can't update you with feedback week, they are not serving you.
This information is brought to you by The JenSells Team at ReMax Affiliates